COVID-19 seems like an all-consuming black hole sucking all of our energy, attention, and plans. Fortunately, the world has continued to move forward despite this. Research is one of those areas the world has a spotlight on for COVID-19 related vaccines and treatments. As we all know, other diseases exist outside of the coronavirus that also need options to help manage them. Here is what you missed in 2020 thus far during COVID-19.
Recently FDA Approved Treatments:
- Semglee (insulin glargine) Injection Created by Mylan N.V. and Biocon Ltd.
- Semglee is long-acting insulin to improve glycemic control in adults and pediatric patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus and adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Semglee was approved on June 11, 2020.
- Hulio (adalimumab-fkjp) Injection
- Created by Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc. Hulio is a TNF blocker similar to Humira and helps treat inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis (RA), juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), psoriatic arthritis (PsA), ankylosing spondylitis (AS), Crohn’s disease (CD), ulcerative colitis (UC), and plaque psoriasis (Ps). Hulio was approved on July 9th, 2020.
- Phesgo (pertuzumab, trastuzumab, and hyaluronidase-zzxf) Injection
- Created by Genetech, Inc. Phesgo is a treatment of early and metastatic HER2-positive breast cancer. It can be given simultaneously with chemotherapy, and infusion only takes eight minutes versus the previous 150 minutes. It was approved on June 29, 2020.
Join the Fight
Clinical trials are still being conducted, though COVID-19 has forced trials to accomplish things a bit differently. Following CDC recommendations, virtual clinical trials, and keeping the safety of patients and staff in mind are some of the updated measures being taken. Whether you choose to join the fight against COVID-19 or to end one of the many other diseases prevalent in today’s world, you undoubtedly help advance medicine and healthcare for everyone in the future.
To browse all enrolling studies in your area, visit us here.